[GRASS-user] r3.out.vtk

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 28 09:19:53 PST 2019

Hi Luiz,

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 7:27 AM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> <barros-luiz at uol.com.br> schrieb am Di., 26. Nov. 2019, 20:51:
>>
>> Error message when I use "r3.out.vtk"
>> "file.vtk: Permission denied
>> Error: I could not open the file <file.vtk>"

This error seems to come from VTK, not from GRASS GIS, since...

>> Does anyone know the reason for this error message?
>> Tanks,
>> Luiz Barros
>
> I think that you need to specify a directory wth write permissions. The message is a bit confusing, I'll take a look

... it is like that (local test):

GRASS 7.8.2dev (slovakia3d_grass7):~ > r3.out.vtk -s
in=precip3d.500z50 top=dem500 bottom=bottom output=/bla.vtk
/bla.vtk: Permission denied
ERROR: Unable to open file </bla.vtk>

I wonder why you didn't get that one but glad you solved it by
selecting the right directory to write into.

Markus