[GRASS-user] Mapsets with multiple users

Bernardo Santos bernardo_brandaum at yahoo.com.br
Fri Nov 29 02:15:36 PST 2019

Dear list,
I am working on a project where we have a server with a GRASS GIS database that is accessed by several people.The project has several mapsets which comprise thematic folders, with e.g. climate data, human infrastructure data, land use data etc.Although all people can access the maps, often we also create new layers of information in one of those mapsets (e.g. density of points or distance from features, both based on existing layers, or the addition of new layers), and there is more than one person contributing to that.However, in this moment we get some problems, since only the owners of each mapset can write into it.
Have you worked in projects like that already?What would you recommend us to do, to keep all the data safe (I understand that this is what the current GRASS GIS internal rules assure) and at the same time do not centralize the work on a single person (the owner of the mapset(s))?
Thanks in advance for advice!Best wishes
Bernardo NiebuhrSwedish University of Agricultural SciencesUppsala, Sweden