[GRASS-user] r.patch does not find list of raster maps

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 1 15:55:11 PDT 2019

Following the example on the r.patch manual page for aggregating multiple
raster maps into one large one I wrote this script:

#!/usr/bin/bash

# get the list of DEM raster files
MAPS = `g.list type=raster sep=newline pat="45123*"`

# set the region larger than the watershed boundary
g.region vect=dem_display_area

# create the mosaic
r.patch in=$MAPS out=basin_topo --o
-------

When I run the script, grass rejects the environmental variable MAPS and I
don't see how my script differs in format from the example:

> $HOME/projects/oregon/mohler_sand/analyses/scripts/rpatch-input.sh
: line 7: MAPS: command not found
ERROR: The minimum number of input raster maps is two

Pointers appreciated,

Rich