[GRASS-user] g.findfile

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Oct 10 01:47:17 PDT 2019

I would say it is a bug.

-----Original Message-----
From: grass-user <grass-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> On Behalf Of Vincent Bain
Sent: torsdag 10. oktober 2019 10:41
To: GRASS user list <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [GRASS-user] g.findfile

Trying to test the existence of maps with g.findfile I see there is something wrong with the command and its manual. It says the -l option provides a list of "elements" keywords. In my case it gives the
following:

     raster    (raster map(s))
     raster_3d (3D raster map(s))
     vector    (vector map(s))
     label     (paint label file(s))
     region    (region definition(s))
     group     (imagery group(s))

But in case I want to test if raster map foo exits (and it actually
exists) the following command says it does not:

   g.findfile element=raster file=foo

whereas

   g.findfile element=cell file=foo

matches the map.

In fact, the file $GISBASE/etc/element_list contains these keywords:

     cell:raster:raster:raster map(s)
     cellhd:header
     cats:category
     colr:color
     hist:history
     cell_misc:misc
     fcell:fcell
     g3dcell:g3dcell
     grid3:raster_3d:3D raster:3D raster map(s)
     vector:vector:vector:vector map(s)
     paint/labels:label:label:paint label file(s)
     windows:region:region definition:region definition(s)
     group:group:imagery group:imagery group(s)

Should I consider this a bug?

Yours,
Vincent.