[GRASS-user] Importing .jpg & georectifying

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 18 12:52:05 PDT 2019

I have a .jpg screenshot of a Google-Earth Pro view and see that r.in.gdal
supports that file format. However, I have no idea how to structure the
command line for the task.

On the GE view I recorded the geographic coordinates of four
readily-identifiable points and can put them in a v.in.ascii point file for
import

My web searches for the process of saving a GE view as an .kml file were
without success. That would be another option for importing the GE image and
using it as the background for additional layers outlining specific areas.

Pointers to appropriate modules is appreciated.

Regards,

Rich