[GRASS-user] Using GRASS and PostGIS

Dheeraj Chand dheeraj at dheerajchand.com
Tue Oct 22 12:41:07 PDT 2019

Hello, all,

I've been proximal to GRASS for several years but never really used it much. I am currently working on macOS Catalina. One of the things that I find is that GRASS can get a bit slow here, part of which I attribute to running on SQLite/Spatialite.

I know that GRASS and PostGIS have different topology models, but is there some way to use it in lieu of SQLite as the primary datastore? I suspect that the power of PostgreSQL could make things a lot less painful for some of the bigger tasks.

If not PostGIS, what kind of tuneups can I do to help with this problem?

Dheeraj