[GRASS-user] WinGRASS addons partly back

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 07:52:04 PDT 2019

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your efforts. We just found, actually some students running
Windows in my tutorial at geostat today found, that some add-ons, those
that I need actually, are still failing... Here the error:

C:\OSGeo4W64\bin>g.extension v.strds.stats
ATTENZIONE: Extension <v.strds.stats> already installed. Re-installing...
Downloading precompiled GRASS Addons <v.strds.stats>...
Updating addons metadata file...
ERRORE: Unable to read manual page: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

'C:\\Users\\cferr\\AppData\\Roaming\\GRASS7\\addons\\docs\\html\\v.strds.stats.html'

C:\OSGeo4W64\bin>g.extension v.in.pygbif
Downloading precompiled GRASS Addons <v.in.pygbif>...
Updating addons metadata file...
ERRORE: Unable to read manual page: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

'C:\\Users\\cferr\\AppData\\Roaming\\GRASS7\\addons\\docs\\html\\v.in.pygbif.html'

We checked the respective zip files on the wingrass server and in fact, the
HTML files are missing. From the log it is unclear to us why.

We tried with others such as v.in.gbif, v.what.rast.multi, r.hants,
r.seasons and r.bioclim and all them were properly installed in 7.6.1 under
windows. So, it seems something specific for those modules I pasted above
(and maybe some others, we didn't check them all).

Hope it can be solved... Otherwise, I'll have to change the exercises for
tomorrow morning's workshop :(

Vero