[GRASS-user] Configuration options

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 12 06:22:07 PDT 2019

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Note that openMP has only been implemented for a few modules and libraries
> so far (see grass-dev archive for the related discussions):

Markus,

I've included openMP in the configuration file for a long time, so it's
available to modules that use it.

Are there other options I can add to take advantage of my Ryzen7 2700
8-core/16-thread desktop with 32G RAM?

Last evening I re-imported a huge (4.4G) .gdb of all wetlands in Oregon
adding 'snap=1e-0.7' to the command line because grass suggested adding the
snap option when it completed the initial import (which took about 3 hours
on that host). Running overnight, the re-import took just less than 10 hours
to complete. I forgot to increase the available memory for v.in.ocr to use.

I'd like to have grass modules take advantage of the hardware to the extent
they can.

Best regards,

Rich