[GRASS-user] r.proj issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 13 16:43:01 PDT 2019

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> a good thing to see if reprojection of raster data works correctly, is
> comparing before/after r.proj with gdalwarp (1) results.
> (1) https://gdal.org/programs/gdalwarp.html#gdalwarp

Helmut,

I'll try gdalwarp. Scanning that web page suggests it does what r.proj does.
What puzzled me is why one raster map correctly projected while the second
didn't. Perhaps I need to download the source for the second one again. I'll
report results.

These are large files so downloading and processing are rather slow with my
low-speed FiOS connection and fast desktop.

Thanks again,

Rich