[GRASS-user] Drainage basin sediment dynamics zonal partitioning

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 18 07:33:44 PDT 2019

Rather than reinventing an existing wheel I ask if there is an existing
workflow to partition a river network (by slope or other geomorphic
attribute) into sediment production, transfer, and deposition zones.

I have a high resolution DEM for the basin and a vector map of the river
network from identified headwaters to the estuary and bay at the ocean. This
vector map is also used for maps of fish distributions by species and run.
(Haven't yet compared the vector hydrographic map with that produced from
the DEM.)

This information will add insights into both sediment dynamics in the lower
16km of the river and into fish distributions by zone.

If I've not sufficiently explained what I have and what I want to produce,
ask and I'll provide answers.

Regards,

Rich