[GRASS-user] What's a GCP?

Andrea Balotti balotti.and at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 09:40:23 PDT 2019

Hi, as stated by Carlos, GPCs are Ground Control Point(s). They are
used in georeferencing of aerial/satellite images without a coordinate
reference system. Basically are recognizable points in the image of
which the exact geographical position is known. Setting the coordinates
for these points is possible to associate the coordinate to the image.
Regards,

Andrea