[GRASS-user] Mulitcolor lines [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 22 10:38:58 PDT 2019

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019, Markus Neteler wrote:

> v.colors comes to mind.

Markus,

I thought of this and assumed that it would color entire lines based on a
category or attribute. When a river segment has reported to host multiple
fish species that segment could display only a single color based on the
range of the color scale.

Creating maps for the distribution of the nine species/runs I determined
that lower-order streams would be too short to effectively display multiple
colors, one for each fish observed there. I concluded that one-fish, one-map
is the way to go. Readers of the document can page back and forth comparing
stream/river reaches for the fish reported to be found there.

Thanks very much,

Rich