[GRASS-user] Resample DEM to larger cells

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Sep 25 23:22:10 PDT 2019

Hi Rich,

Copy and paste from the raster commands overview:
"r.resamp.stats	Resamples raster map layers to a coarser grid using aggregation."
I thought that was what you were up to, aggregate a higher resolution raster to 5m resolution, no?
Which aggregation method to use depends on your use case of course. For Hydrological applications I would probably use low percentiles (5 or 10%)...
If that was not the case, please reformulate your initial question.

In addition to r.resamp.stats, also in the manuals of r.resamp.filter, r.resamp.interp as well as r.resamp there is a description of the purpose the modules are intended for. Do I thus understand you correctly, that you ask for additional clarifications in the rasterintro?

Cheers
Stefan