[GRASS-user] d.mon and world file

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:43:44 PDT 2020

Hi Martin,

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 3:10 PM Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> is there any quick way how to generate also a world file when storing
> graphics into a file using `d.mon`. I just found `d.mon -g`, but it
> needs some hacking.

I'm not aware of that, but since I'm not sure what you are doing I need to
ask if d.to.rast+r.out.gdal (or d.out.file) would help you here.

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/d.to.rast.html
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/d.out.file.html

The code you are looking for might be also in the following repo, but not
using d.mon:

https://github.com/ncsu-geoforall-lab/grass-web-publishing

> It would be nice if `d.info` or directly `d.mon` could generate a
> world file if requested.

Maybe a Python function to generate worldfile from the current
computational region would be a better fit?

Vaclav