[GRASS-user] r.basin not running completely

jomaljochan jochanjomal1998 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 23:49:45 PDT 2020

Hi, I am a new GRASS GIS User (using GRASS GIS 7.6.1) trying to get the
morphometric parameters of a watershed(Bhadra river basin, India).
Steps followed:
1) Cropped and set the DEM file in UTM projection.
2) Created a new location and used the georeferenced DEM file to set the
projection of GRASS Session.
3) Ran the following lines of code:

  g.region rast=elevation at PERMANENT -ap

  r.watershed -a elevation=elevation at PERMANENT accumulation=accum

  r.stream.extract elevation=elevation at PERMANENT accumulation=accum
threshold=1000
  stream_rast=stream_network stream_vect=streams --overwrite
  #(overwrite with different threshold until clear network)

  #Find the coordinates of the outlet from network and input in r.basin fn

  r.basin map=elevation at PERMANENT prefix=out
coordinates=572957.585125,1547823.44718
  threshold=20 dir=tmp/my_basin

The function stops running with the following error:

  ERROR: option <output>: <tmp/my_basin\out_elevation_outlet_coors.txt>
exists. To overwrite, use the
  --overwrite flag

  ------------------------------

  An ERROR occurred running r.basin
  Please check for error messages above or try with another pairs of outlet
coordinates
  Removing region definition <original>

The details of the input DEM raster is:
 | Map:      elevation at PERMANENT            Date: Sat Apr 25 11:48:17 2020
|
 | Mapset:   PERMANENT                      Login of Creator: Jomal Jochan
|
 | Location: Test_run_check
|
 | DataBase: D:\STUDIES\sem8\Watershed Project\grassdata
|
 | Title:    elevation
|
 | Timestamp: none

 |   Type of Map:  raster               Number of Categories: 0
|
 |   Data Type:    CELL
|
 |   Rows:         1755
|
 |   Columns:      1785
|
 |   Total Cells:  3132675
|
 |        Projection: UTM (zone 43)
|
 |            N: 1548050.1657    S: 1495414.5575   Res: 29.99179954
|
 |            E: 605402.3491    W: 551850.8938   Res: 30.00081529
|
 |   Range of data:    min = 552  max = 1737
|

 |   Data Description:
|
 |    generated by r.in.gdal
|

 |   Comments:
|
 |    r.in.gdal -e input="D:\STUDIES\sem8\Watershed Project\Bhadra_sample_\
|
 |    files\Input DEM\elevation.tif" output="elevation" memory=300 offset=\
|
 |    0 num_digits=0

(Sat Apr 25 12:14:49 2020) Command finished (0 sec)

The output of the first line of code is given for your reference:

  g.region rast=elevation at PERMANENT -ap
  projection: 1 (UTM)
  zone:       43
  datum:      wgs84
  ellipsoid:  wgs84
  north:      1548050.1657
  south:      1495414.5575
  west:       551850.8938
  east:       605402.3491
  nsres:      29.99179954
  ewres:      30.00081529
  rows:       1755
  cols:       1785
  cells:      3132675

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Users-f3884509.html