[GRASS-user] No module named wx

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 9 03:26:09 PDT 2020

Hi Dave,

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 12:34 AM Dave Roberts <droberts at montana.edu> wrote:

> Friends,
>
>     I compiled grass_7.8.3from source to run on arch linux (the AUR
> version is broken).

(if you have separately any related error message(s), perhaps we can
reinstate it somehow?)

>  Compiled and installed fine.  Still have problems though.
>
> **************
>
> d.rast relief
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File
> "/home/dvrbts/grass/rmveg/PERMANENT/.tmp/luthertucker/MONITORS/wx1/render.py",
> line 6, in <module>
>      from grass.script import core as grass
>    File "/usr/local/grass78/etc/python/grass/__init__.py", line 4, in
> <module>
>      import six
> ImportError: No module named six
>
> find /usr/local/grass78 -name six.py
> /usr/local/grass78/gui/wxpython/mapdisp/six.py

Note, here it searches for the system "six".

I wonder if you have several python versions installed.

What do you get with this command, run in a GRASS GIS session?

echo $GRASS_PYTHON

?

> *************
>
> python
> Python 3.8.3 (default, May 17 2020, 18:15:42)

Is that "natively" installed or through conda or the like?

> [GCC 10.1.0] on linux
>  >>> import six
>  >>> import wxwidgets
>
> No problems in python, so it looks to be a path problem but six.py is
> clearly in /usr/local/grass78/gui/wxpython/mapdisp

Did you run above in a GRASS GIS session?

Best,
Markus