[GRASS-user] Selecting EPSG from ogrinfo output; input from command line

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 17 08:02:19 PDT 2020

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> This is EPSG:2927   see: http://epsg.io/2927

Jeff, et al.:

Please educate me what I've done incorrectly here.

Using the above EPSG (with /data/grassdata/ as the pwd) I entered:
grass79 -c EPSG:2927 /data/grassdata/Washington/cities/
which is the location I want to create for these data.

Because EPSG:2927 was the ID value when I ran 'ogrinfo -al -so' on
/data/states/Washington/cities/CityUGA.gdb I assumed that the created
location was using the proper CRS. That's apparently not the case:

v.in.ogr in=/data/states/Washington/cities/CityUGA.gdb out=cities
ERROR: Projection of dataset does not appear to match current location.

        Location PROJ_UNITS is:
        unit: meter
        units: meters
        meters: 1

        Dataset PROJ_UNITS is:
        unit: U.S. Surveyor's Foot
        units: U.S. Surveyor's Feet
        meters: 0.3048006096012192

        In case of no significant differences in the projection definitions,
        use the -o flag to ignore them and use current location definition.
        Consider generating a new location from the input dataset using the
        'location' parameter.

Same results when out=/data/grassdata/Washington/cities/ and when I cd to
that directory when I run v.in.ogr.

What am I missing?

Stay well,

Rich