[GRASS-user] Fixing poor quality .gdb files [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 18 09:15:01 PDT 2020

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020, Rich Shepard wrote:

> While I can use v.build to see the errors I would like to better
> understand the work flow for removing all errors that occur when importing
> with v.in.ogr. How can I most quickly generate fully topologically clean
> output?

Update:

I ran v.in.ogr three times, then v.clean with tool=snap and threshold=1. The
results are:

Rebuilding topology for output vector map...
Building topology for vector map <clean_soils at PERMANENT>...
Registering primitives...
Building areas...
  100%
Attaching islands...
  100%
Attaching centroids...
  100%
WARNING: Number of centroids exceeds number of areas: 228861 > 227947
WARNING: Number of incorrect boundaries: 23302
WARNING: Number of centroids outside area: 1146
WARNING: Number of duplicate centroids: 298

Could the original ESRI maps be this poor? What more can I do to eliminate
these warnings?

This is new territory for me and I need to learn how to resolve these
issues.

Regards,

Rich