[GRASS-user] Call for candidates for Chief Return Officer(s) to oversee election of new Project Steering Committee

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Dec 10 07:48:42 PST 2020

On 10/12/20 14:43, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2020, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
>> The first step in that procedure is the nomination of one (or several)
>> Chief Return Officer(s) (CRO) who will oversee the election process and
>> who should not be a member of the current PSC, nor aim at becoming a
>> member of the new PSC.
>
> Moritz,
>
> What does the position involve and require?

Basically the tasks are:

- Announce elections and election procedures
- Receive nominations and confirmation from candidates that they accept
to be nominated
- Fill out the list of nominees on the wiki page [1]
- Collect some info from the candidates and put it on the wiki page (see
at the very end of the page the suggestion, i.e. ask each candidate to
respond to the question  "What should the community expect from your PSC
membership?")
- organize the election (configure vote on
https://vote.heliosvoting.org/, launch vote, launch reminder, tally votes)
- announce results
  - deal with any complaints (I doubt that there will be any)

Moritz

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Election2020