[GRASS-user] How to add a new column based of polyline cat.

Mira Kattwinkel kattwinkel-mira at uni-landau.de
Fri Dec 11 00:38:20 PST 2020

Dear Kenneth

db.execute might be an option to fill a new column with what you want. I
am not an SQL expert, but I suppose it is possible to concatenate the
right strings if you do it for each order separately and count the
number of currents first.

Cheers,

Mira

On 10/12/2020 17.15, Kenneth Roy Cabrera Torres wrote:
> Dear GRASS users:
>
> Can you give any suggestions to solve this problem?
>
> I have an ordered dataset of segments of river currents output from
> r.stream.order command.
> I will like to add a column to this dataset that identifies each
> current according to Horton ordering.
> I mean it actually identifies the Horton number. But what I want to do
> is to separate each
> Horton current from each order. For example, if I have, say 4 Horton
> currents of order 5,
> then I will like to have an additional column that identifies each
> Horton current (5-1, 5-2, ..., 5-4).
>
> I try with v.build.polyline and indeed it separates the individual
> currents of the same
> Horton order. But I don't know how to incorporate that new cat ID to
> the current segments' dataset.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> --
> Kenneth Roy Cabrera Torres
> Cel 315 504 9339

Dr. Mira Kattwinkel
Quantitative Landscape Ecology
iES Landau, Institute for Environmental Sciences
University of Koblenz-Landau
Fortstraße 7
76829 Landau
Germany