[GRASS-user] New addons: i.landsat.download and i.landsat.import

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 05:49:48 PST 2020

Dear GRASS community,

I wanted to let you know that we have a new toolset in addons called
*i.landsat* [0]! Similar to other toolsets it contains 2 modules:

- i.landsat.download to search, filter and download data from
EarthExplorer, and
- i.landsat.import to import data into GRASS GIS

This is my first full module contribution, and while I followed the
approach of i.sentinel tools, it was a rather exciting challenge for me and
I have learned a lot in the process. Thanks Luca, Stefan and Markus for
your help!!!

I now plan to add one more option to i.landsat.import to create a text file
that can then be used in t.register for time series creation. There's still
a lot of room for improvement, so all feedback (as well as PRs!!) are more
than welcome!!

Hope you find these tools useful :) I guess they will soon appear listed
here [1] too

Cheers,
Vero

[0]