[GRASS-user] Flow line [r.flow]

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 19:08:06 PST 2020

Valter,

The default value for the skip= parameter is max(1, nrows/50, ncols/50), so
the density of flowlines depends on the resolution of your elevation map.
If you want better defined flowlines, reduce skip (skip=1 for all cells and
best, but can be slow). I believe, in your case, those scattered flowlines
all start from cells that are "skip" cells apart. I can see those short
flowlines in a grid-like manner (distance between starting cells = max(1,
nrows/50, ncols/50) by default). So try skip=1 (in UI, Optional => Number
of cells between flowlines), then you should get better and continuous
flowlines. The better result in one of your emails is a smaller region and
a less number of rows and cells, so a smaller skip, I think.

Best,
Huidae