[GRASS-user] r.proj ERROR

Nikolai Hafner n.hafner at carto.at
Mon Jan 13 06:01:28 PST 2020

Am 13.01.2020 um 14:23 schrieb Markus Metz:
> Nik, have you set the current region correctly?
>

> > for r.proj -g you don't need the pipeline, try just
> >
> > r.proj -g  location=MGI2wgs84_Austria_Lambert mapset=PERMANENT
> > input=dhm_10m_ogd_austria
> >
> > see also example https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/r.proj.html
> >
> > -------------------
> > # same calculation, but in a form which can be cut and pasted into a
> > g.region call
> > r.proj input=elevation location=ll_wgs84 mapset=user1 -g
> > -------------------
> >
> > the pipeline is needed later for the reprojection process.
>
> A pipeline is not really needed, in case of several possible
> operations, PROJ should automagically select the best available
> operation. Note that also with r.proj -g coordinate transformation
> takes place.

thx Markus and Helmut!

Yes that is what I would expect and what I´ve done many times before but
since shortly I get this message:

r.proj location=MGI2wgs84_Austria_Lambert mapset=PERMANENT
input=dhm_10m_ogd_austria output=dhm_10m_ogd_dachstein_NEU method=bilinear
resolution=10
ERROR: Unable to open element file <> for <WIND at dachstein>

I tested it from an other location too but it´s the same problem:
r.proj location=ASTER_lat-long mapset=PERMANENT
input=DHM_SRTM30m_Aut-plus-Umgebung output=dhm_30m_ASTER_dachstein
method=bilinear resolution=30
ERROR: Unable to open element file <> for <WIND at dachstein>

What does that mean?

the pojection and region settings of both input and output are als follows:

g.proj -p
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : Lambert Conformal Conic
proj       : lcc
datum      : hermannskogel
ellps      : bessel
lat_1      : 49
lat_2      : 46
lat_0      : 47.5
lon_0      : 13.33333333333333
x_0        : 400000
y_0        : 400000
no_defs    : defined
towgs84    : 577.326,90.129,463.919,5.1366,1.4742,5.2970,2.4232
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : metre
units      : metres
meters     : 1

g.region -p
projection: 99 (Lambert Conformal Conic)
zone:       0
datum:      hermannskogel
ellipsoid:  bessel
north:      576922.51207363
south:      273692.51207363
west:       106549.26720377
east:       694629.26720377
nsres:      10
ewres:      10
rows:       30323
cols:       58808
cells:      1783234984

g.proj -p
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : Universal Transverse Mercator
proj       : utm
datum      : etrs89
ellps      : grs80
zone       : 33