[GRASS-user] v.to.db in GRASS 7.8 requires 'overwrite' if column exists but flag is invalid

Mira Kattwinkel kattwinkel-mira at uni-landau.de
Mon Jul 27 05:17:56 PDT 2020

Sorry to open this again:

Was the change really backported to GRASS 7.8? I still cannot set an
overwrite flag in the gui.

I use 7.8.3-1~bionic1

on linux mint 19

from http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu
bionic/main amd64

Is that the wrong source?

Thanks,

Mira

On 20/07/2020 22.35, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 12:34 PM Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
>> Mira Kattwinkel wrote
>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> in GRASS 7.8 v.to.db creates a new column in contrast to previous
>>> versions where it column had to exist before.
>>
>> yes there was a change in the module behaviour, see
>>
>> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/770
>>
>> I had the same issue.
>> please open an issue about that.
> For the list record: reported issue has been fixed by Huidae and backported.
>
> Markus

Dr. Mira Kattwinkel
Quantitative Landscape Ecology
iES Landau, Institute for Environmental Sciences
University of Koblenz-Landau
Fortstraße 7
76829 Landau
Germany