[GRASS-user] Reclassify a vector adding a column

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 01:34:35 PDT 2020

Hi,

I need to reclassify a vector in the following way: based on a column of
type string I have to create a new column of type string based on certain
rules that I give upon the first column, and I thought it would be really
handy if I could do it like  CASE WHEN... THEN ...
I have tried to feed a similar rules file to v.reclass but this statement
is not recognised. How can I translate it? Furthermore, I would like to be
able to just add a reclass column rather than creating a new vector file,
is that possible? How?

Thank you in advance

Kind regards,

--