[GRASS-user] Meaning of flag 'i' in d.vect

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 06:26:18 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I am just wondering what exactly the i-flag in d.vector means? It is
described as "Use values from 'cats' option as feature id". What is the
effect of this in the display?

Furthermore, I was wondering how the query tool in the map display works.
For example, I display a vector map with 3 layers (I chose to display only
layer 3 with d.vect layer=3). However, the query tool selects more features
than I clicked on; it seems it rather selects the features based on the
category value of the first layer? So the behaviour I'd expect is that when
only one layer is selected in the display (and for example colorized based
on cat, c-flag) than the query click would select only the feature of this
specific category?!

Is there a mistake I am making or some missunderstanding of the concept of
the query tool? Is is this something that could be improved?

cheers,
Johannes