[GRASS-user] Install package for add-on in /usr/bin/python3

Robin Kohrs robin.kohrs at uni-jena.de
Tue Mar 31 00:25:19 PDT 2020

Hi Markus,

thank you very much for your answer and the help!
Do you have any idea what I could do to make the fmask-package
"locatable" for the python-interpreter that grass is using?

I tried the following options, but I guess I just don't know
sufficiently about how python and grass really work together:

My python-script looks more or less like this:
---------------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/env python3

import sys

print("SYS PATH")
print(sys.path)
print("")
print("SYS EXECUTABLE")
print(sys.executable)

import grass.script as grass
from rios import fileinfo # that's where it fails
from fmask import fmask

---------------------------------------

That's why I tried until now:

- I created an environment with conda and installed python-fmask via
"conda install -c conda-forge python-fmask". The function
"fmask_sentinel2Stacked.py" lies in
"/home/robin/miniconda3/bin/fmask_sentinel2Stacked.py".

- When I open an interactive python-shell and import fmask and rios
and the type: "fmask.__file__" it gives me
"/home/robin/miniconda3/envs/fmask/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fmask/__init__.py"

- I then added
"/home/robin/miniconda3/envs/fmask/lib/python3.7/site-packages/" to
the variable PYTHONPATH in my .bashrc

- When I now start the interpreter that grass uses from the command
line by typing "/usr/bin/pyton3" I can import fmask and rios

- However when I run the script with grass it always says that there
is no package names rios. Moreover the path I added to PYTHONPATH is
not printed when it executes "sys.path" in my grass script

I'm sorry for this little confusing question. But in case someone has
any idea how I could make grass find fmask, would be super highly
appreciated:)

thanks a lot in advance! Cheers
Robin