[GRASS-user] Let's talk about releases - 7.8.3, 7.10, 8.0

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat May 2 06:13:10 PDT 2020

On Sat, 2 May 2020, Martin Landa wrote:

> thanks for links. We miss a clear plan, probably less strict than QGIS
> [1], but currently we have no long-term roadmap. I have created a draft
> page, please extend, add new suggestions [2]

Martin et al.:

I'm not a developer but based on my experiences with a range of sofware I
support the idea of a coarse-grained schedule. Too much detail can add
pressure that might allow bugs to filter through. And, a schedule does add
structure that benefits all of us, developers and users.

Stay well,

Rich