[GRASS-user] Responding to mail list threads

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat May 2 07:55:45 PDT 2020

Dear Rich,

On 2/05/20 16:27, Rich Shepard wrote:
> I have a request for all who post to this maillist: please send it the list
> only and not to the list and all individuals who've commented on a thread.
>
> All of us receives the message from the mail list and don't need a second
> copy of each addressed to us individually.

Please note that Mailman provides us with the following setting that
each can set according to their needs:

"Avoid duplicate copies of messages?

When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing list.
Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list; select No to
receive copies."

I prefer to be also kept personally in CC of messages in threads I'm
involved in. This allows me to separate these threads into another
mailbox from all the other threads in the list, and so be a bit more
reactive on those.

Moritz