[GRASS-user] Minimal docker file to create an image for an R script which calls GRASS functions

Mehrdad Varedi varedi at waterlix.com
Sun May 10 00:24:50 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

I am interested in deploying an R shiny app in the form of a docker image.

The Shiny App uses GRASS functions and I am wondering how shall I package
GRASS and R together in a docker file to create an image. Just a simple
example to make it work is what I want.

If you are aware of how I can optimize the integration with GRASS. like
having GRASS and R script in separate containers although still being able
to call GRASS functions from the R container, that would be great.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mehrdad

Mehrdad Varedi, M.A.Sc.