[GRASS-user] PostGIS v.ogr.out with pygrass, how to access Error output

AlexCz alexander.czech at googlemail.com
Mon May 11 07:10:54 PDT 2020

I want to run some code on a remote machine that has the grass binaries
installed. To debug my Grass code I usually use a grass session on my local
machine and test the code there. But now this is not working because I can
not reproduce the error on my local machine. What I want to do is export a
line dataset to an existing table in a postgis db this is the code I use:

v.out_ogr(input='lines', output='PG:host="127.0.0.1" port="5432"
dbname="db_name" user="my_user" password="my_password"',
output_layer='my_schema.my_table', format='PostgreSQL', u=True, a=True)

If I run it of my local machine it works without a hitch but not on the
remote machine (I double check ip address and port). I get an error:

Process ended with non-zero return code 1. See errors in the (error) output.

Since I can't launch the GUI on the remote machine this is of little help
since I can't access the error output is there any other way to get the
error output ideally within the python session?

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Users-f3884509.html