[GRASS-user] East/West Horizons Giving Negative Numbers

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue May 26 23:50:38 PDT 2020

Hi Ashley,

The possibility to return negative horizon values was introduced here:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/commit/688d5885557f22c7ea6618dcac3ddfbfc764731a#diff-5ce8290f429502e23efaf9ebdc18bd2b

The output with the d-flag is azimuth degree (-90 – 90, where 0 is parallel with the focal cell).
So, from my understanding, negative values indicate horizon height below the cell it is computed from.

Maybe the manual could be a bit more specific here…?

Cheers
Stefan