[GRASS-user] Problems with v.what.rast

Uwe Fischer gisfisch at t-online.de
Thu May 28 09:32:41 PDT 2020

Hello list,

I have big trouble with v.what.rast and I don’t know why. I have read that
there are issues with point data sets that have 2 layers, but that is not
true for my points. They come from shape format using v.in.ogr and have
normal cat values.

V.info tells me that there are 22 points. But v.what.rast tells me there are
not points (please see attachments). That is very very confusing, since
there are 22 points definitely. Maybe there is something wrong with the
points, but they do exist. It would be a great improvement to update the
error message in such a case, telling what’s wrong with the points.

However, I tried the steps that are described in the grass help page in
order to learn what’s wrong, but the exact same thing happened (please see
other attachments): „no features of type point found“.

What am I doing wrong?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Uwe