[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] Bugs in r.stream.extract

ming han dustming at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:04:07 PST 2020

Hi Ken

Many thanks for your reply. your time and effort are much appreciated.

I use -a option to ensure positive flow accumulations and using SFD, but
still got different results.

The reason why needs to change flow direction is that the DEM imperfect,
especially when there is a lot of lakes in the watershed. Without change
flow direction, the lake will be divided into different subbasins.

And the reason why I want to start from flow direction instead of DEM is
that there are several hydrological pre-conditioned datasets, the flow
direction in this dataset already adjusted for most of the lakes.

---- Some personal suggestions----
I find a solution for my work, but based on this experience feels like
divide functions like r.stream.extract into four functions
might provide user more feasibility:  such as a function that defines flow
direction DEM, a function define flow accumulation from flow direction, a
function define streams from flow accumulation and a function define
subbasin based on flow direction and stream network.

These are just personal suggestions.

Cheers
Ming

Ken Mankoff <mankoff at gmail.com> 于2020年11月25日周三 下午6:01写道: