[GRASS-user] remove holes from polygon

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Oct 9 06:23:06 PDT 2020

On 8/10/20 18:11, Robert Nuske wrote:
> Hi GRASS list,
>
> I am kind of lost and hope someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> Is there a way to automatically (not by manually editing the dataset)
> remove all holes in all areas of a vector dataset (I guess that are
> polygons without a category within polygons with a category).

What do you mean by remove ? Fill them as separate polygons ? Make them
part of the containing polygon ?

If the latter and if the holes are all smaller than existing polygons,
one possible path I see is making them into actual areas using
v.centroids and then merge them with the outside polygon using v.clean
with the tool=rmarea.

Moritz