[GRASS-user] r.param.scale issue

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Sun Oct 11 10:57:59 PDT 2020

Dear Grass users,
has anyone ever experienced such issue with r.param.scale?

Here's the point:
I use to invoke r.param.scale instead of r.slope.aspect to calculate
topographical slopes in various situations. I especially appreciate to
have a hand on the size of processing window. I rencently had trouble
with the result of the following command:

g.region rast=topo
r.param.scale input=topo output=slope_test size=5 method=slope --o

It seems to run fine, but when I inspect the result it /sometimes/
turns out to be really buggy (see attached .gif).
As I said above it's a very strange behaviour; the command run on the
same input file (same region settings) fails , let's say, in 10 %
cases.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated,
Vincent.