[GRASS-user] Recommendations for v.surf.rst parameters for huge region

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Oct 20 23:47:06 PDT 2020

Just to add my 2¢ on one aspect: IMHO, unless you have some aesthetic or other reasons to do otherwise, smooth should reflect the error in your data. As it determines how far the interpolated surface can be from the observed values, the margin of error that you think your data has should be an adequate value.

I therefore wouldn't really tune on smooth, but just set it to one reasonable value.

Moritz