[GRASS-user] grass-user Digest, Vol 180, Issue 4

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Apr 11 13:58:57 PDT 2021

Hi Tim,

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 10:42 AM Timothy Glyn Southern via grass-user
<grass-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Thanks Anna, I believe you are correct with your ideas, unfortunately the only fix given is way beyond my level of understanding and coding

AFAIK the needed upstream fix on wyPython was this:
https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix/pull/1849/files
merged into their master on Nov 18, 2020. I have no idea in which
wxPython release this will be/has been included.

https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/python-wxpython/
--> python-wxpython 4.0.7.2-5, Build Date: 2020-11-12
      ==> too old.

https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix/releases
on Nov 25, 2020: wxPython-4.1.1
      ==> not yet packaged.

(Note that I am only guessing around here.)

Since I use Fedora (33) and didn't want to wait I contacted the
maintainer in Nov 2020.
They patched the package accordingly, added the aforementioned fix:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-wxpython4/c/f5471fb86aaae46a686b85c654fcbb98516355e6?branch=rawhide
and shipped the updated 4.0.7-13 RPM package right away, end of Nov 2020.

Maybe you could request to apply the fix also in the Manjaro package?

> Is there likely to be an updated version loaded to repository before too long that corrects the problem?

The packagers need to be aware of it...

Best,
Markus