[GRASS-user] Importing LiDAR data - tools missing

Frank Broniewski hallo at frankbroniewski.com
Tue Apr 13 11:26:25 PDT 2021

Hello all,

I wanted to have a look at some LiDAR data, but I am somehow missing the
v.in.lidar and r.in.lidar tools to import the data. The entries in the menu
are there, but they are greyed out and typing v.in.lidar into the console
yields a 'not found' message.

I am running Fedora 33, GRASS GIS is from the standard repo, version 7.8.5. Is
the Fedora version of GRASS not compiled with LiDAR support? The other LiDAR
tools from the vector menu are present though ...

many thanks for any tipps on what is going on,
Frank