[GRASS-user] 7.9.dev fails to find pdal

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 25 11:15:04 PDT 2021

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021, Maris Nartiss wrote:

> As there is no problem with pdal 2.1.0, it could be that something has
> changed in pdal. Please take a look into config.log file to see the actual
> error. If there isn't something that looks like a problem specific to your
> machine, open a bug report and attach failing part of config.log.

Maris.

I should have looked there first.

The error is "libgdal.so.26, needed by /usr/lib64/libpdal_base.so, not
found". That's because Slackware upgraded gdal so libgdal.so.28 is
installed. I thought that grass would find and use the newer gdal-3.2.2
that's installed.

I don't remember how to tell grass-7.9.dev there's a new version of gdal
installed.

Thanks,

Rich