[GRASS-user] Error import from grass.pygrass.vector library

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Aug 26 02:38:00 PDT 2021

Am 24.08.2021 11:35 schrieb Manuele Pesenti:
> ---- Attivato mar, 24 ago 2021 11:04:44 +0200 STEFAN BLUMENTRATH
> <STEFAN.BLUMENTRATH at NINA.NO> ha scritto ----
>
>> What version of grass_sessions do you use?
>>
>> I run grass_session 0.4 on Ubuntu 18.04 with GRASS 7.8 and your
>> script works fine…
>
> Thanks Stefan! It solves my problem... I opened an issue [1] to the
> github repo of grass_session.

AFAUI, 0.5 introduced, among others, the fact that libs are not loaded
by default unless explicitly requested:

https://github.com/zarch/grass-session/commit/b1d4c0fa574bdbd86716fb504ce05e8b449a9dfc#diff-6f5e014607121aae5fa1a45459276b57eceb9194cc53dd65413d973faf59dd87

I'm not 100% sure I understand how it works, but IIUC, you should be
able to something like this (untested):

Session(gisdb="/tmp", location="location", create_opts="EPSG:4326",
loadlibs=True)

Don't know what the rationale behind this change is, though.

Moritz