[GRASS-user] Mini project 2022: Redesigning a map display status bar combo box into a new settings dialog

Linda Kladivová L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Wed Dec 29 05:43:22 PST 2021

Hi GRASS community,

I'm sending a link to a project that I hope will move our Single-Window GUI
effort a little further :-):

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/RedesigningStatusbar
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/RedesigningStatusbar).
The timeline will probably a bit change but don't be afraid, I will update
it continuously.

It is the project which focuses mainly on the redesign of the Map Display
statusbar but along the way it will address other Single-Window GUI related
problems.

If you would like to get involved and share your ideas and comments, I
opened the Issue https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/2017
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/2017), where I tried to describe the
proposal and let the space for you. Some of you have already taken part in
the discussion, which is great. :-)

I am very happy to participate in this project and looking forward to diving
into it!

May you have a nice New Year,

Linda