[GRASS-user] r.contour

Dave Marshall 43carnaby at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:58:38 PST 2021

Maris,

Many thanks for your detailed reply. My LIDAR files are not in LAS format -
they are a mixture of ASC and TIF.

I spent a long time learning how to use QGIS and don't want to have to
repeat the process with GRASS unless I have to. If there isn't a simple way
to get r.contour to work from within the later versions of QGIS, then I'll
keep on using the old version as the solution requiring the least effort.
>From your comments, it would seem that it is how QGIS imports the LIDAR
data which has changed and this is why I see the problem I reported. I also
realise that QGIS is a global application whereas my work is restricted to
the UK using the Ordnance Survey grid so I can't expect a huge resource to
look at a narrow application.

Cheers,

Dave