[GRASS-user] v.net.allpairs - reduce number of calculations

Daniel McInerney daniel.o.mcinerney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 05:32:23 PST 2021

Hi List,

I've been using v.net.allpairs [1] for the calculation of shortest paths
between pairs of nodes on a river network, and it is working very well.
However, for some datasets there are several thousand individual nodes
and I would like to reduce the associated processing time if possible.

Based on the documentation and the current outputs, the module
calculates the shortest paths between all pairs of nodes on the network.
In my case, I'm only interested in the shortest paths from one specific
node. I'm therefore,  wondering if it is possible to use the module in
this way and limit the shortest path calculations from one node to all
of the other nodes on network. I tried to use the 'cats' and 'where'
options, but so far to no avail.

I appreciate I am overlooking something, but would value any feedback or
advice on how to reduce the associated processing time.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Daniel.

[1]: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass79/manuals/v.net.allpairs.html