[GRASS-user] How to create a GRASS addon that returns something when using read_command()

Cam Morlus cam.morlus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 12:23:26 PST 2021

Dear All,

I am using grass 7.8.4. I'm calling commands externally using the Grass
Python Scripting Library in Python. I wanted to know when you create an
addon in python how to end the addon script so that when you call that
addon with read_command() it returns something. I would like to have
something similar to what happens when calling read_command(g.gisenv) which
returns the grass variables settings so that you can store them into a
variable.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best,

Camille Morlighem