[GRASS-user] Error in Compiling GRASS GIS

Ashutosh Mitra ashutoshmitra7 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 22:08:26 PST 2021

Dear community members

I am new to this community. I have just started working on an issue related
to GUI . I was looking into the codebase and trying to compile using the
given instructions in

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows

Now I am getting an error :

--> configure: error: *** Unable to locate lex.

I did some googling and found out that i should download and install FLEX.
So I did, but still got the same error. Can anyone help on this?

Also is there any other way to check the working of code changes in GUI
part without compiling the whole software?

--

Thanks and Regards,

*Ashutosh Mitra*

(Teaching Assistant)