[GRASS-user] How would I make this odd choropleth in GRASS?

Dheeraj Chand dheeraj at dheerajchand.com
Mon Jan 18 21:28:37 PST 2021

I have a shapefile of US counties in Texas. A map that I am trying to conceive would 1) separate the polygons to add some distance / whitespace between the constituting polygons 2) preserve their relative positioning 3) color the polygons on a graduation of average income and 4) while preserving shapes, increase or decrease size based on population .

Am I crazy, is there such a map ? What would it be called or described as? How could I make this in GRASS?

Sent from my iPhone