[GRASS-user] Error in compilation of GRASS GIS

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 06:13:08 PST 2021

Hi Ashutosh,

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 1:42 PM Ashutosh Mitra <ashutoshmitra7 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear community members
> While compiling GRASS on windows, I am getting an error.
> [image: Screenshot 2021-01-18 145457.png]
> I did the same as written in the error log that move to the directory
> where there is an error and run 'make'
> [image: Screenshot 2021-01-18 151800.png]
>
> It says that :
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libgrass_raster.7.9.dll: cannot open

I am afraid I can't help you with this, I don't use Windows for
development, maybe others will have some ideas. But in general I recommend
to people who want to start developing to use Linux (Ubuntu or any other
distro), because most GRASS devs are developing on Linux and it's the most
straightforward way.

Anna