[GRASS-user] Median filtering time series in time only

nik at nikosalexandris.net nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Jan 27 06:33:35 PST 2021

Thank you Vero.

Consider the following time series [1, 2, 2, 6, 3, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1]
<- evolution of a pixel in time.

Say this is always the same pixel indexed at [0, 0] in each of 12 raster
maps registered in a GRASS GIS STRDS.

Median filtering pixel-wise in time, only, with a temporal window=3,
would then be doing:

1st pixel would be replaced by the median of [0, 1, 2]

2nd pixel would be replaced by then median of [1, 2, 2]

3rd pixel would be replaced by the median of [2, 2, 6]

4th pixel would be replaved by the median of [2, 6, 3]

etc.

Doing a spatial median over a 2D (sub)window of each raster map in a
GRASS GIS STRDS is not wanted here.  I hope this is more clear now.

Nikos

---