[GRASS-user] KEYLINE; installing new module add-on (of 7.8) in GRASS 7.6

Enrico Gabrielli bonushenricus bonushenricus76 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 14:59:29 PST 2021

Hello everyone and everyone.
I write maybe once every one or two years!
I am a geographer and agricultural consultant.
I am using GRASS to design in KeyLine (you can easily find news about
this ingenious technique, which is also the basis of permaculture, on
the internet).
I found that in GRASS 7.8 there is a new add-on module called
r.slope.direction which would be very useful for keyline designs.
Unfortunately I use Debian stable, and therefore GRASS 7.6.
I have tried to use the r.slope.direction source script which I find
here
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/tree/master/grass7/raster/r.slope.direction
but can't use it. If I install it following the instructions I find
here https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_Python#Installation it
gives me several errors. I created the directory in / usr / lib /
grass76 / scripts /
I can attach the result of the terminal.
But if you think that it is simply not easy to install in GRASS 7.6 it
will mean that I will be looking forward to Debian 11 (I never install
testing)
--
Perito agrario Enrico Gabrielli
Tessera n. 633 Collegio Periti agrari prov. Di Modena